Envoy was founded in 1998 by Madeleine Parkyn, with 15 years’ experience of management and marketing in the commercial and not-for-profit publishing sectors in the UK. Before becoming self-employed, she was Head of Publications at Save the Children UK.
Before establishing Envoy, she extended this experience to the internet – leading training courses on using the internet, writing about women’s involvement with the net, as well as creating, maintaining and marketing several websites. Her MA course in Museum Studies increased her understanding of communication theory, exhibition design and the use of multimedia, all of which she has subsequently applied to working with the internet.
BSc. Hons, Botany
MA (with distinction), Museum Studies
Recent professional courses and conferences
- Understanding the internet user experience
- Accessibility training
- Designing effective email newsletters
- Seeking Inspiration (St Bride Library of printing and graphic arts)
- Shift Happens: New technologies and the arts
- Open Rights Group (ORG) Digital Rights Conference
HOW WE WORK
Envoy works collaboratively on a project, assessing the skills required for each stage and drawing together a team with specialist knowledge to see the project through to completion. Madeleine Parkyn manages all the projects from start to finish.
We often foster long-term working relationships with clients, enabling them to develop their website in response to their changing needs and technological developments.
Rather than talking about what we can do, let us show what we have actually done. View some case studies of envoy websites and email campaigns or find out about our consultancy work. Most of our work comes from client referrals.
We have given consultancy advice on internet-related projects to:
- English Nature
- Woodland Trust
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- National Health Service: Northern and Yorkshire Regional Office
- Catch the Spirit
- South Bank Employers Group (London)
- Fawcett Society
- Genetic Engineering Network
- London Borough of Greenwich Millennium Project
- International Save the Children Alliance
To see the websites which we have created, view the clients page.
Envoy also works with self-employed professionals to produce websites which effectively communicate their services. View some examples.